Calling All Artists for Art Around Town
CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Downtown Garner Association (DGA) and the Town of Garner is looking for local and regional visual artists to participate in an outdoor Art Around Garner art installation beginning August – October 2021.
Art Around Town is a community art project for the residents of Garner and artists from surrounding areas to participate in a temporary art exhibit that will illustrate community and natural beauty and bring joy, healing, and civic engagement.
- Artists will be required to submit their “Art Around Garner” idea, concept, or theme of painting at the time of application.
- DGA will hold an artists interest meeting on May 13 at 6:30pm via Zoom.
- Twenty local and regional artists will be selected to participate.*
- $50-100 material stipends are available upon request.
- Artists will be notified if their artwork is accepted and where it will be located.
- Painting must be completed by July 1.
- *This is not a juried exhibit; however, artwork not consistent with the theme will not be accepted.
SPECS & INSTALLATION
Artists will be provided with a 3′ x 4′ board to paint. Acrylic paint is recommended and pieces will be varnished by the exhibit coordinators to be weather safe.
The art will be on display August through October 2021 at the following proposed pedestrian-friendly locations including Town Hall, Garner Senior Center, Garner Rec Center (GRC), Garner Performing Arts Center, and other locations around downtown and town parks.
Upon completion of the exhibit, the art will be auctioned with 75% of the proceeds going to the respective artists and 25% to DGA to benefit future art projects throughout the Town of Garner.
The exact time, location and date of auction is yet to be determined but anticipated for November 2021.
Questions from artists should be directed to Lorie Clark at [email protected]